Recording and Replay Systems
High-performance record and replay systems for high-quality RF signals offer engineers and developers greatly reduced costs for field-testing, repeatable lab tests, fidelity in reproducing real RF environments and shorter time to market for product development. The systems can be used to test:
- Analogue and digital radio, broadcast standards
- Telecommunication systems
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Automotive car infotainment systems and chipsets.
Data Processor Software
The IZT Data Processor is a piece of software designed for signal review, analysis and post-processing. It allows the user to cut, copy, paste and merge RF signals in time and frequency domains. Recorded data can be reviewed and edited offline. The software boasts fast interactive displays of spectra and spectrograms as well as useful metadata such as GPS information.
- Map visualisation interface
- GPS NMEA data output
- Video/audio camera replay function
- Demodulation plug-ins
- Extract time segments of a recording
- Extract signals in a spectrogram and convert into a player file
- Delete individual signals from a wideband spectrum
- Concatenate recordings in time and in frequency domains.
The IZT R3301 is a portable receiver with an integrated server for data recording. The receiver is optimised for recording of RF signals in frequently changing environments. It uses the IZT R3000 digital receiver integrated into a portable RF recorder. Multiple narrow band channels can be recorded. The equipment is shielded for minimum RF emissions and optimised for operation on board a vehicle.
Multiple IZT R3301 receivers can be fully phase synchronised or synchronised via GPS timestamps (TDOA method) to capture signals for collecting emitter location information as part of Direction Finding (DF) systems.
- Portable HF-VUHF-SHF receiver
- Frequency 9 kHz – 3 GHz (6 GHz / 18 GHz optional)
- Continuous recording of 25 MHz RF bandwidth
- Integrated 4 TB RAID storage and GPS receiver
- Wide range AC/DC supply with backup battery
- Compact and rugged design for mobile use
- Extremely low RF emissions.
IZT RecPlay is a fully featured RF recording and replay system using IZT components. The system is able to receive, record and replay up to 25 MHz of bandwidth in a frequency range from 9 kHz to 3 GHz.
- Extremely low RF emission
- Up to eight diversity or multi-frequency channels
- Real-time impairment simulation
- Powerful off-line post processing
- RF synchronous GPS NMEA map visualisation, video camera audio capture.
The recording side of the RecPlay System uses the RF receiving and signal processing capabilities of the IZT R3000 Wideband Receiver Series integrated into the portable Monitoring Receiver and RF Recorder IZT R3301. Several receivers can be synchronised for antenna diversity.
R3410 Receiver and R3411 Recorder
The IZT R3410 and R3411 Ruggedised Monitoring Receivers and RF Recorders combine a light weight of under 7 kg with a fan-less design suitable for harsh environments, while maintaining excellent RF performance.
- Portable & rugged design for harsh environments
- Excellent RF performance
- 9 kHz to 18 GHz frequency range
- 25 MHz real-time bandwidth
- Many hours of continuous RF recording.
The IZT R3000 family is particularly suitable for signal search and analysis, spectrum monitoring in line with ITU recommendations, and communications/signals intelligence. They allow the user to analyse and demodulate modern digital wideband signals as well as to track or intercept frequency agile systems over a wide range of bandwidths.